Monday, February 20, 2012

Someone, somewhere, is on the verge of giving up.

It seems like no matter how hard you try, you always end up failing. You woke up today, and you were grateful. For new mercies, a blank slate. But once again you find yourself in the same place of shame you’ve been trying to escape for years. “Am I worth it?” you ask. A silent whisper - “Forgive me, Father.” Empty words. A thought invades and repeats itself tauntingly. “You’ve done it again. Quit the act. Give up already.” You believe it. Suddenly, a voice. It is still and small, in stark contrast with the first. Your response comes in the form of a tear, for there are no words. It’s Him. “You are never far from my reach, never beyond saving, my dear. I loved you at your darkest.” A sigh of relief. You’re gonna make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment