Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Beginning of It All

Alas, my first week of college comes to an end. If there's one thing that I learned these past few days, it is that God exceeds any expectations we could ever have, and He is capable of doing more than we could even think, ask, or imagine.

Move-in day was nothing like I was expecting! But amidst all the shifted plans that day, I was glad to finally be in my quaint little dorm room, resting in the fact that God really is good, and He truly does provide. Another plus? I slept like a rock.

Let me summarize orientation week in three words: busy, busy, and busy. Everything was back to back and we had very little downtime, but it was such a blast. Definitely some of the most fun I've had in a while. Finally, classes began this week, and I had no idea what to expect.

Long story short--I love my school. Coming from a place that was very much against God and Christianity, it's a refreshing change and a definite blessing to be here. All of my professors (including my math professor!) find a way to integrate God into what they are teaching. I often catch myself forgetting that it's actually okay to bring up God in class, considering the fact that it was often unheard of in the public school system. I feel incredibly blessed. My professors do not seem haughty or arrogant but really do care about us as individuals. I am continually reminded of the fact that pursuing higher education at a Christ-centered institution is a rare blessing, and I should cherish it like so.

I have especially clicked with a few girls from my dorm and already, my roommates and I have laughed 'til tears streamed down our faces. I'm excited to get to know them all better and build each other up in the Lord. I've prayed for Christ-centered relationships for years, and I really do feel like God is answering my prayers through these girls.

Last but not least, I now have a job! I will be an ambassador and blogger for my University this year, and I cannot thank God enough for the honor. He is faithful, and He provides.

I encourage you to trust in Him, even when the road seems bleak. To bring every concern before Him, no matter how insignificant it might appear. And most importantly, love Him and let Him love you, because true satisfaction is found only in the unshakeable foundation that is Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment