Saturday, June 23, 2012

10 Things God Is Teaching Me

  1. God is faithful despite my unfaithfulness (2 Tim. 2:13).
  2.  It's not wise to compare my walk with others'. This leaves me feeling either superior or inferior- both are no bueno (2 Cor. 10:12).
  3. So much encouragement comes from surrounding myself with like-minded people. I'm still praying for a church family.
  4. At the same time, we must not forget those in our life who don't know Christ. They're there for a reason. Exhibit love not out of obligation or with the underlying motive to "convert" them, but out of a genuine desire to love from a pure heart. Reminder: Our hearts are wicked--we need Holy Spirit for this to happen.
  5. Everyday is a battle in which I must trade in my corrupt desires for the greater pleasure that is Him.
  6. I am no longer filthy, guilty, or stained. In Christ, I am made new. Sanctification is a process, and I believe that God Himself will sanctify me through and through so that my whole spirit, mind, and body will be kept blameless at His coming.
  7. I am more susceptible to sin when I'm not in my Word/prayer (this one's a given, but I keep being reminded). 
  8. Walk through the doors God has opened, but do not force any open.
  9. When struggling to know your identity, look to Christ to define you- not others' opinions or even your own.
  10. There is power in the name of Jesus, to break every chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment